I am the academic director of Swiss Mathematical Olympiad since 2017, and an active member since 2013. I am also a board member of the Swiss Science Olympiad since 2022.
I represented Switzerland at various international Olympiad.
- MEMO 2012: contestant
- IMO 2013: contestant (honorable mention)
- MEMO 2015: deputy leader
- IMO 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020: team leader
- EGMO 2017: coordinator
- BxMO 2018: coordinator
- IMO 2022: problem selection committee and coordinator
- MEMO 2022: chief coordinator
My favourite Olympiad topic is algebra.
I organized the second edition of the Olympiade Francophone de Mathématiques in 2021 - an international competition to which about 100 students from 9 countries took part.
Two of my own problems used at international level:
Here are a bunch of notes I wrote for Olympiad training. These are available (as for now only) in french and german. Assorted exercices and other teaching material can be found here.
Feel free to use my scripts and please send me any comment or remark!
- Introduction to functional equations: (fr) (de)
- Functional equations 2 - Cauchy equations: (fr) (de)
- Introduction to inequalities: (fr) (de)
- Introduction to sequences: (fr)
If you wonder what Math Olympiad are, read the following article (fr) (de) published in the Bulletin de la Société Suisse des Professeurs de Mathématiques et Physique. If you wonder how Olympiad mathematics differ from traditional school mathematics, have a look at this (fr) (de).
A short story I wrote for the biannual journal of the science.olympiad.ch about Braess’ paradox in game theory.